Peace Crane by Hilary Taylor

Peace Crane by Hilary Taylor
Picture by Justin Wyatt
To read Hilary's story buy this special book...

This magical story has a touch of the supernatural. When an injured crane is found and nursed, something happens, something magical and inspiring...

Gentle Footprints launched- AS SEEN ON TV

Gentle Footprints was officially launched Fri June 4th at the Hay Festival with guest speaker Virginia McKenna and some of the authors


Buy from Bridge House Publishing by clicking on the link BUY:

BUY





Virginia McKenna at Hay Launch

Virginia McKenna at Hay Launch

Animal Anthology To Raise Funds for Born Free

Bridge House Publishing announce new book coming Spring 2010. For more about Bridge House please see their website.
This book is the annual charity book for Born Free...if you want to get involved with promoting and selling this book- email me!

www.bridgehousepublishing.co.uk


Visit the Born Free Website to find out more about their valuable work...

Visit the Born Free Website to find out more about their valuable work...
KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

Saturday 13 February 2010

The Week of the Crane


Hi Guys- well I will be pasting the posts sent by Hilary who wrote Peace Crane as she has pc issues (don't we all from time to time!) So please reply to Hilary when you comment- I am posting on her behalf.

Okay so let's kick off with something about our author...

I’ve always loved reading and writing stories, although I can remember an A level English class where I went completely blank when we were asked to write a poem about Christmas in the style of any famous poet. My parents were both teachers, and my father is still a writer, though not of fiction. I can remember my mother being very impressed with a poem about a rainy day, written when I was six or seven. Yes, I know she was my mum, but early encouragement should never be underestimated!
I grew up as one of five children in Ipswich and Hampshire and went to Edinburgh to study French and Linguistics at University. I then qualified as a teacher in Cambridge.

I began to write fiction for adults and children when my children (I have five, now grown up) were small, and managed to get a couple of articles published in a magazine. I started to get serious about my writing when my middle daughter was about thirteen and she became my best critic. My hopes of being published were raised when some editors and agents asked for complete manuscripts of my novels for teenagers, but so far, I have been unable to hone these to the point where they have been accepted.

I have been a Primary School teacher for the last twelve years – where no two days are ever the same. Last year I was inspired by attending the Winchester Writers’ Conference, where I won a competition and since then I’ve been writing short stories, as well as working on an idea for a new YA novel. (I also once won a prize in a writing competition at my local library!)

It is hard to combine writing with a demanding full-time job, so – who knows? – perhaps I’ll opt for a part-time post now that I’m going to be a published writer!

My husband is a keen birdwatcher and wildlife enthusiast, and it was his knowledge of the return of cranes to Norfolk that led to the idea for Peace Crane.

I also have a story, Sightseeing, in the Travel Anthology soon to be published by Bridge House.


Tomorrow... about my story Peace Crane...

No comments:

Post a Comment